Thursday, December 20, 2007

Plans Finalized

I am a Medical Radiation Technologist from Ontario. I have agreed to do a locum for three weeks in Rankin Inlet Nunavut at the local medical centre there.

Apparently, the travel is being finalized and as of today I leave January the second for almost three weeks in the Arctic. Don't know all the details yet but am awaiting the ticketing info.

Have been watching the weather of late, here's a link:
http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/71083.html

You'll notice that the sun rises this time of year at about 9:30 a.m. and sets at 2:15...and the temp on the weekend was a high of 24 C and a low of 28C ...the minus this time of year is understood.

My boots are good to minus 60F...so they will be tested. This is the arctic with Global Warming...what did it used to be like?

The research so far shows that the native people have very little calcium from their diet but extreme muscle mass....should prove interesting for my xray images.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, so far so good. I am looking forward to following your adventures in the land of ice and snow. Good luck. kk

Brian Durocher said...

Wow 5 hours of daylight, thats more than I see in an average week. :)

It sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun bob, I can't wait to see the photos.

dianne said...

How exciting!! Hangin' out with the P-Bears and all! Do you suppose there is any good 'ice-wine' up that way???

Mary Domonkos said...

What an exciting adventure this will be for you. I'll be reading your blog. I hope this will be all that you anticipate! Good Luck! Mary Domonkos

lauren&steve said...

Hey Bob,

Sounds very interesting. How exciting to be able to have this experience, but it's too cold, we agree with Grace- we like the warm weather!!!
Can't wait to read about your trip

Blog On... The Lacey's